Why Should I File A Personal Injury Lawsuit For My Auto Accident?

After a personal injury involving a car, you may be asking yourself, "Should I file a claim for my motor vehicle accident? Or just accept the offer I receive from the insurance company?"

Eugene P RedmannThe simplest answer to that is that the insurance company will never have your best interests at stake, nor are they likely to offer you compensation that provides all the resources you need to recover. There are several specific situations in which your best course of action is to file a personal injury lawsuit.

Scenario No. 1: You Were A Passenger During The Accident

Unlike drivers, passengers cannot be found at fault for a motor vehicle accident. If the drivers of both vehicles were found to be partially at fault under Louisiana's "comparative fault" law, as a passenger you have the right to hire a lawyer and sue both drivers (or their insurance companies) to recover damages for the injuries you suffered.

Scenario No. 2: You Were A Pedestrian Or A Bicyclist Hurt In The Wreck

Car accident claims involve anyone harmed by the collision — even if they were not in a car when the accident happened. Drivers have the responsibility of taking "due care" in the operation of their vehicle, and if you were a pedestrian or cyclist hurt in a wreck you may sue for damages.

Scenario No. 3: You Need To Focus Your Energy On Recovery, Not Negotiation

If you have broken bones or other serious injuries from your accident, your top priority should be the recovery of your health. Our firm can evaluate offers and make counteroffers related to bodily injury and property damage associated with your accident, and help you access medical treatment providers. You do not have to become an expert in insurance law; you can rely on us to protect your interests.

Contact Us To Get Help With Your Claim

Eugene P. Redmann, the founding attorney at the Law Office of Eugene P. Redmann, LLC, has been representing victims in personal injury lawsuits for more than 25 years. Our firm, which is based in Metairie and serves New Orleans South Shore, will alleviate your stress and help you recover from your motor vehicle accident. Call us at 504-521-6867 or use our online form. Se habla español.